Friday, June 18, 2010

About Congress

Hello Readers,

My fiancé and I are first time home buyers and cannot close on our first house because of the non-extension of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). We were due to close on June 15 but we live in a flood plain. Our lender requires us to have a flood insurance policy in place before we can close on the house.
For weeks, Congress have been trying to pass a bill known as H.R. 4213. One of the items in this large bill includes extending the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Since Congress has not passed this bill they let the NFIP to run out on June 1, 2010. Not having this extension to the program has halted all closings to houses that are under a flood plain. This not only affects people purchasing homes; this is preventing people from obtaining or renewing their flood insurance policies. Also, we are in the middle of hurricane season. If, God forbid, a storm passed through this is going to leave a lot of home owners hurting if it is not passed soon.
I wanted to pass on the word to inform your viewers of what is happening. If you want more information about this topic please direct viewers to view the Senate and FEMA web sites. I have contacted my Senators and have not received a response back. It seems as if the government is not speaking for the American people and I have not seen much coverage on this situation. I want people to be informed because many lenders, realtors, and insurance agents are not aware of this. NFIP is the only way someone could receive flood insurance coverage. It hurts me to know how ill-informed the people of America are and are unaware of what is going on.
Please pass on the word like I will do. I would like any help I can receive and give any that I can. The worst part of it all is that the First Time Home Buyer Credit is up at the end of June and if Congress does not extend it the real estate market will be hit hard affecting our economy greatly. All because Congress cares only to be reelected.

Sincerely,

Gavin Swinney

1 comment:

  1. I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details.
    House Renovations in Hammersmith

    ReplyDelete