Thursday, February 18, 2010

About Samurai Now: The Beginnings

Here it is Ladies and Gents the long awaited post I am sorry school is business but this is of a novel I am working on. I hope you like it enjoy and please tell me what you think:

Samurai Now:

The Beginnings

By Gavin Swinney

Introduction:

Ah today (gasp)… today of all days. It started off like any ordinary day; however, I was soon to realize that it would all change in the blink of an eye.

I am what you would call a person with a strong imagination. I let my imagination get away from me sometimes, so far in fact that I feel like I live in another world. I also hardly get out much, which compliments my imagination perfectly. The closest thing I have got to a tan is from the luminescent glow of my TV. I keep to myself in a town where everyone knows your name. Some would call me a loner, not even close to a social butterfly. This hindrance has made it hard growing up in a small town. I just wish I grew up in a different time and in a different place, somewhere like feudal Japan.

I am a big fan of feudal Japan; I enjoy the way of the samurai and how this time was about warriors with honor and fought for justices and rights. My preoccupation with this era is prevalent in my home. I own movies, books, items such as katana swords, and much more all over my room. I love martial arts and I have posters of Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris. I even play around as if I were a samurai and battling enemies in my own room. Do not get me wrong, but the closest thing I have gotten to a martial arts dojo is watching Enter the Dragon.

Like I said I keep to myself a lot. I guess the main reason I like to keep to myself is because my parents barely understand me. I am an 18-year-old boy whose parents work for a big oil company. They are complete workaholics who never seem to have enough time for their own son. I cannot blame them though; they just want me to have a good life. I mean it’s not like I am a trouble maker just because I am a loner, I am really a good kid. I am at the top of my class with perfect grades and never once have been written up at school nor gone to detention. I am what some would call a nerd. I enjoy reading and take my grades seriously. It seems that most of my peers would not understand me: someone who enjoys spending their summers holed up at home reading about samurais and the battles they are in. Hanging out with others is the last on my list of interests. I tend to sleep into the late hours, it being summer and all. I am also about to attend an Ivy League college, which my parents are working to pay for my way. I did get some scholarships but only a few. Most people would not understand that to do well in school your head is always in the books. However, I felt that I was destined to do much more with my life besides living behind the pages of a book. What I was soon to find out would change my life forever.

Oh, please forgive me. I don’t know where my manners are and I didn't mean to be rude. My name is Max Jameson and this is where my story begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment